Luxury, History & Heritage : Normandy's D-Day Beaches
This journey was designed specially for one of our customers
Experience the ultimate in luxury and history on our D-Day Beach Day Trip, departing from Paris. After spending a delightful evening in the capital city of France, honor the heroes of the past as you journey to the iconic beaches of Normandy. Relax in style with first class transportation and premier guided tours. Embark on this journey and make memories that will last a lifetime.!
Day 1 : A LUXURIOUS FIRST DAY IN PARIS !
Welcome to the city of lights and love ! Your private driver will take you from the airport to your splendid hotel in the heart of France's capital city. After you check-in and enjoy a bit of down-time, meet your private chauffeur in the lobby.
You will head to the Musée du Quai Branly, a beautiful space boasting non-Western arts and crafts. You will be dining on its rooftop at the restaurant Les Ombres, which features an incredible view on the Eiffel Tower. After dinner, head back to your hotel with your private driver, for a good night's sleep.
Day 2 : DISCOVERING NORMANDY
This morning, you will depart for a full day-trip (3-hour ride) along the Normandy coast to discover the most important places of the D-Day landings of June 6, 1944: Pointe du Hoc, Omaha Beach, the American cemetery, etc...
You will start your day by visiting the Pointe du Hoc, a small outcrop of the Normandy coast in the English Channel that overlooks a 25 to 30 meter high cliff with a pebble beach at its feet. Pointe du Hoc was the scene of one of the operations of the American landing in Normandy. Located between Utah Beach (west) and Omaha Beach (east), the point had been fortified by the Germans, so the American Rangers decided to take control of the site.
We will then take you to the shores of Omaha Beach, one of the beaches of the Normandy landings. You will also visit the American cemetery, a vast necropolis overlooking the beach, as well as Longues sur Mer and WN60.
This full day will include a 3-course lunch in a local bistrot. At the end of the day, your private driver/guide will take you back to Paris, in the comfort of your hotel after a day filled with adventures.
Lunch at leisure, dinner cruise and night at your hotel.
Day 3 : TIME TO HEAD HOME, FULL OF AMAZING MEMORIES !
All good things come to an end, and it is already time to head back home. After breakfast, your private driver will drive you to the airport, where you will board your plane back home.
You will of course, have the option to extend your stay in Paris or in Normandy. We will be happy to adapt to your utmost desires, to make this trip as special as possible for you !
PARIS : Hôtel Le Scribe Paris Opéra 5*
Price per person (see detail below)
3 790 € per person
*Price calculated on the basis of 2 people travelling together and subject to availability at the time of booking.
Our price includes :
- Accommodation based on two rooms in the hotel mentioned in the program :
- The meals mentioned in the program :
- Restaurant les Ombres
- Lunch during your day trip in Normandy (restaurant to be confirmed)
- All transfers in private vehicles mentioned in the program (from the airport to the hotel and back, to and from the dinner, during the visit to Normandy)
- The full day trip to Normandy
- Entrance fees to the sites visited
- 24-hour assistance from our local representative.
- All meals not included in the program (please consult us for more details)
- Any additional activity or night you would like to add to the program, according to your interests
Our price does not include :
- International flights to and from Paris
- Your room at disposal for a late check-out
- Any service not mentioned in the program (such as free meals)
- Personal expenses (minibar, telephone, laundry, etc.
- Cancellation insurance, recommended but optional, to be taken out at registration (please contact us for more details).
As an indication (January 2023) for US citizens:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months after the date of return. No vaccinations are required.
- Covid: no test is required.